A blog which collects my thoughts while serving my National Services.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

First Book Out

[To report back at 2100hrs.]

Just a quick one

I booked out last night at about 8.45pm. Got home, do my laundry, shower, fix the sling bag, ate something and went to bed.

Strangely, I could not sleep well. There must have been a lot in my mind or just the excitement of going home. I woke up at 4am, as usual as the days in camp, and found it hard to get back to bed.

The plan was to get up at 8 and go to beach road by 10am. Well, closed enough. I lay in bed till about 9.15 then proceed to fan dry my clothes and got ready to go to beach road. Either how, that just normal and nothing interesting to talk about.

My first day in camp was pretty much peaceful. The next 2 days were busy getting the items done and real physical training only came on the third day which was a Sunday.

My reflection for the past few days can be easily summed up:
1) Sleep is not enough.
Seven hours of rest (as they called it) is really not enough. I personally need 8 hours of sleep. In the army, they control how much you sleep. You wake up too early, they becomes upset. You cannot sleep too late. And you have too many things to be sleeping early.

2) They don’t serve coffee
They only serve coffee every alternated day. I cannot live without coffee. Days which I have coffee, I feel more alive. Other than that, I am sleepy all the while

3) Rush to wait, wait to rush
Most of the time, we are being hurried here and there. Then the remaining time, we spent waiting. I must say that we are still at the adjustment period. I am expecting more punishment after the 2 weeks. Which, will makes the half way mark of my PTP

Generally specking, so far, I am coping well to National Services. I always remind myself that I will take this chance to measure myself. I failed every single station in my IPPT CAT test. The only comfort I can get is that I might still be able to POP should I fail. Even so, I do not wish to attend any RT or whatsoever.

I got pretty depresses about the fact that I am the only one who failed every station. But I will keep trying. Please pray for me and wish me luck.

No comments: