A blog which collects my thoughts while serving my National Services.

Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry X'mas

Where should I start?

Went back to camp on the 20th and next 3 days were basically peaceful. There was a road march; the daily 5BX and we drew arms on the day before booking out. It was a short book-in to say the least. Other than all the strength training and some lecture on the M16, the past few days in camp is rather peaceful.

Today when I book-in, will marks the end of the honeymoon period. We are all prepared for the harassment to come. Our bunk was stomped through last dinner, the SGT wanted to steal the rifle but was unsuccessful.

So far the push-up were kept to the minimal. My platoon is considered the slackest among the other two. Perhaps it’s the SGT, perhaps we have a white horse, or just perhaps we are just pretty cooperative.

I can feel that my physical ability is starting to give some problem. My left ankle is starting to get uncomfortable. The left knee cap is starting to experiences some pain. I’m getting a bit of stomach upset right now as well. I have got no intention of sounding out right now, since it is still manageable and I am feeling fine.

I am expecting a 3km run tomorrow so soon. Or a road march with the dummy rifle. The morning 5BX, and the run is enough to make me not wanting to wake up.

Please pray for me that I’ll have the strength and courage to see this through.

No comments: