A blog which collects my thoughts while serving my National Services.

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Sit Test and Ah Yue Concert

It has been a pretty tough week. Sit test started on last Sunday and ended on Tuesday. The rest of the week was pretty tough with training as we are all pretty tired.

I guess what made things worse was the amount of people reporting sick. Half of the platoon is down with one kind of states of another. Hence, they made a new rule that statues are not allowed to return to bunk till 9.30 in the evening.

Then they up the game and gave them lots of cleaning and even a very hush field pack inspection. I guess the privileges of being on statues is over. They are coming down hard on this.

On that note, I personally felt affected. I am suffering from stomach flu since returning from the sit test. I so wanted to report sick, but I don’t want to go through what the statues are being put through. I heard that the Platoon Sgt said that I am not putting in enough effort. I have to agree, to some extent. I mean, I feel weak, sick and tired. I cannot go all that way as I did earlier during enlistment. I am having problem keeping up with my group during AGR. Though I am not the only one, I feel bad about it.

They are putting in a lot of late night training almost everyday now. There always something to do at 7pm till about 9. While other platoon is coming to a more enjoyable stay and treatment, my platoon is getting a real discipline shake up.

I am feeling tired now in camp. People are falling sick and the moral of the platoon is very low. For the past week, my main aim is just not to get confined. The whole time during tough times, I just think about the Ah Yue concert.

It was last night. Though traffic was horrible, due to chingay, I still think I had a very good time. I was very happy. Listening to Ah yue singing some of my favorite songs almost made me cried out.

Ahhh…. How I wish such good times can last for ever. Ivan was with me and he too (I believed) had a great time as well. We bought many things from the concert and that blow a whole in my pocket.

I had a little sprain during SOC back in camp. Though its very much okay now, I am still a little concerned. The stomach flu is a real issue right now. I saw the doctor this morning, and he assured me that I should be okay. I was thinking if its still very bad I will get my sister to drive me to the hospital and get some MC to rest at home. But as I said, I don’t want any statues.

The coming week will be more IPPT training and SOC. A 16km road march on Friday and more RT on Saturday. While most (the other companies) will bookout on Friday, we will bookout on Saturday. How I long for more nights at home.

For IPPT, I am really unsure if I can get the improvement I need till the 29th. Not to mention SOC. I have yet to try it with everything. I am pretty unsure about that. Eitherhow, I am already at this juncture, I just have to forge a head isn’t it?

No comments: