A blog which collects my thoughts while serving my National Services.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

The early book out

Managed to bookout on Friday morning, as (I believe) they don’t wish to have us around during the enlistment of the other companies; or to reduce the strain on the cookhouse. Eitherway, its (to some extend) good news for us.

It had been a rather peaceful week. Booked in early on Sunday for the RT was a blessing, there was a change in the book in timing and we had to call everyone to book back in 2 hours earlier than what was told.

The rest of the week was just shooting training. The range was over, I believe I had passed, but not as a marksman. It was already a gone case for the day shoot. Other than the range, they made us cut our hair again and I had had my last 4km road march. The coming road march would be a 6km road march. I cannot really say that I am looking forward for it.

Booking in tomorrow (Sunday) at 0615hrs. It is ridiculously early if you ask me. However so, they said it was necessary since there will be another range for platoon 3.

So what’s it gonna be? Well, there will be SOC. I am more than a little apprehensive about it. Then on the 15th there will be a IPPT test. Once again, I am going to fail since I cannot pull nor jump. I believe I will be suffering under all the night training for this.

I’ll make this a short one since I have to turn in early. Till then, wish me luck.

No comments: