A blog which collects my thoughts while serving my National Services.

Sunday, January 20, 2008

The last book out before field camp

Its had been a very long book in for me; or at least it felt that way. Booking in on last Sunday morning and then booking out on Saturday afternoon is more than 7 days worth of in camp.

A lot of xiong things happened, there were 2 strength training, road march, SOC and a IPPT test. Well, the strength training is still largely manageable, the road march is not so bad, and since it was planned together with the grenade throwing practices, it was something rather to look forward for. The IPPT test was the one with problems. I failed all the stations except 2.4km. The timing was rather good I must add. But coming on to very embarrassing scoring for the other stations had an effect on me.

SOC was rather encouraging. Though some stations were rather nerves racking, I manage to clear all of them. Some of those, which I though I would never be able was surprisingly manageable. It is only the first 5 obstacles and so far, we will be doing the remaining coming week.

The rest of the week after IPPT were a very tough. My legs were sore and tired after the 2.4 run and to make things worse, there were AGR and other very stressing lessons. Until now, my ankle, knee, thigh and ball of the feet hurts. I really wish I could have more rest. For all the muscles to recover.

So whats it gonna be? Well, due to the fact of my rather terrible IPPT, I had to complete 32 sit ups every day after RO. Or almost everyday. They have started on IPPT stations training and a pretty high target of IPPT passing rate was set. Everyone is feeling the heat.

I am not so much worried for SOC since I don’t need to pass it to pass out for BMT. That applies to IPPT as well, but then, they seems more interested for us to pass that. All the pull ups and what have you.

I will not be able to come out on the coming weekend. I am I feel rather taken because of that. This book out was supposed to be on Friday evening, however due to some reasons, it was postponed to Saturday afternoon. Hence only one night at home.

Due to field camp, we have to stay in for this weekend. There are a lot more things I would really like to write about, like the newly attached people to the company and so on. But I want to go on to my bed till dinner. I shell write about it then next time then.

Do pray for me good weather and luck for the field camp for the coming 2 weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.