A blog which collects my thoughts while serving my National Services.

Saturday, January 5, 2008

The long weekend

It has been the longest 2 days of in camp. Perhaps its because of the long weekend hence in contrast the 2 days seems unbearable.

There is really nothing much, other than the usual 5BX with run, the FBO 4km road march the 2.4 km run and the 2 Strength Training, the days passes rather slowly with all the stand by bed and that sort of harassment.

On the night before booking out, there was good news and there were bad. The good news was that I passed my 2.4 run. On the dot, one second more and I would had failed. I was very happy. At the same time, they said that there would be remedial training (RT) on Sunday afternoon for those frequently absent. I was not one of them. Hence I volunteered for guard duty (together with my buddy), which is from Sunday morning till Monday morning. It would be good to do it now than later to be arrowed.

However, the next day they came out with a new list of people who are to report for RT. I was, one of them. Remember I fall out for the AGR run and the ST training because of the flu, well, for those who had skip 2 or more lessons are to attend RT. Fuck!

So I have to report back at 1315 while the others only report at 2100 today. I feel sad. Needless to say, it does not really make a hell lot of differences since I can say I am well rested and the flu is getting better.

The weekend was pretty good, though I spent much of the time at home, resting; I bought a PSP and caught a movie ‘I am Legend’. I don’t really like it.

The PSP was a pretty good deal. I was never in a hurry in getting it as I had promised myself I will only get it after being posted out of the island. Eitherhow, it’s a sooner or later thing, and since the whole bunk had a fever over it, I might as well.

So this is it, I’m going back later for a full week of fun and joy in the island. I am entering full swing into BMT and the harassment level is also increasing. It is scary to notices that it had been 4 weeks already. The PTP is over and it will be all over in say… 9 weeks or less.

The past 4 weeks passes with a lot of booking out which we look so much forward to. This book in would only be the usual weekends. I hope it will be good and a manageable week. The next long weekend would be the Chinese new year weekend.

Perhaps I should go back to bed and catch another half and hour of sleep or something. Eitherhow, see you next weekend.

No comments: